Upward Basketball is a uniquely designed program that seeks to develop the total athlete mentally, athletically, spiritually and socially. The league is open to boys and girls from Kindergarten – 6th grade. The children will learn sound basketball skills, they will be taught to play to win, and they will learn the importance of sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and hard work. This league places a high value on Biblical virtues, and seeks to instill positive life lessons found in the Bible to the younger generation. In Upward Basketball, every child will play an equal amount of time, and they will be cared for by coaches who are trained to use positive affirmation as their main tool for motivating their players! Upward Basketball players will grow in character, confidence and faith through their experience with us…and they will have FUN doing it!
Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions
REGISTRATION: 9/1 – 10/16 register online, at Salem First Baptist or on Evaluation Day
After 10/16: Registrations received will be place on a Wait List
PRACTICES: start the week of 11/30/15; Games start 1/9/16
COST: $85 before 10/2/15; $95 after 10/2/15
(includes jersey, shorts & the Upward player kit)
• Practices begin the week of November 30, 2015
• Practices are held one time per week for one hour
• Practices could be either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday night at 5:30, 6:30, or 7:30 pm
• Generally younger children have earlier practice times.
• You may select one day that does not work for your schedule.
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate practice schedule requests other that the one non-practice day.
If you are interested in coaching or serving as a Referee, please attend one of our three Volunteer Meetings:
• Saturday, November 7 (9am-11am Coaches, 10-12am Referees)
• Saturday, November 14 (9am-11am Coaches, 10-12am Referees)
• Thursday, November 12 (returning coaches/referees only. 6:30-8:00pm)
• All three meetings are at Salem First Baptist Church (395 Marion St NE)
• First Game is Saturday, January 9, 2016
• Last Game is Saturday, February 27, 2016
• Friday, March 4th